Allows for quick attachment of a space patch to a garment, bag, or an accessory like a phone case.
The bond that’s created with Bernie’s Emblem Bond™ is long-lasting. It is not intended for temporary attachment. It is normal for this product to be very aggressive. It will leave a residue if the patch is removed. So, please use accordingly and with consideration.
Steps for Pre-Cut:
- Prewash the garment without a fabric softener.
- Bend to open the paper tab and peel off ½ of the liner only.
- Carefully line up the non-adhesive ½ with the patch shape. Reposition as needed.
- Doing this will line up the adhesive part for you.
- Place and press matching the patch shape with the adhesive 1/2.
- Next, peel off paper backing on the other ½. Place and press to complete.
- Bend and peel off ½ of the paper liner on the other side. Fold over for removal later.
- Carefully line up the patch to the desired item placement using the non-adhesive ½.
- Take your time. Get it straight. Measuring is recommended.
- When you are ready, you can place and press the adhesive ½ to the garment.
- Then, remove the other ½ of the liner and press to complete the process.
- Flip the garment over (or turn inside out). Rub the back of the patch using the edge of a metal spoon. Press hard and work it over. You want to create a tight seal from edge-to-edge.
- Good work! You can now wear the item.
- When you can, it is important to put the item into a clothes dryer for 15 minutes on the Tumble Dry Low setting. Then, rub the back of the patch again.
- This step cures the adhesive. No ironing or sewing required. Once cured, your patch will be attached for a longtime.
- Do not pick at it or wash the garment for 48 hours.
- When you do wash it, use cold or warm water only and tumble dry low or medium only.
- IMPORTANT: For accessory items like phone cases, heat curing is NOT recommended or needed, please skip this step. Rubbing the back side of the patch may not be possible either.
- For best results, apply Bernie’s Emblem Bond™to dry items (not wet or damp).
- If an item has been treated with a stain or water repellent coating, the bond may not be satisfactory. We do not recommend using Bernie’s Emblem Bond™ in that instance.
Questions? Please watch our YouTube instructional video
Steps for Cut to Fit:
- Place sheet on smooth surface scored side up.
- Place patch face up on Bernie’s Emblem Bond™ covering a portion of the scored line.
- Trace outline of patch with pencil.
- Remove patch.
- Carefully cut traced outline with a pair of sharp scissors.
- Now follow all steps for a Pre-Cut Bernie’s Emblem Bond™.
Questions? Please watch our instructional video for cut to fit